Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Yoga + track

So, Yoga last night was.... interesting *L* Parts of it were very relaxing and hit the spot in terms of stretching the muscles that were so tight - but, other parts were just plain hard and/or painful. We actually did shoulder stands off metal chairs which made all the blood rush to my head and my teeth felt like they were going to pop out of my jaw. Nice. Today, my neck is really sore from some of the movements and I can feel one or two pinched muscles. Maybe I might try a different class somewhere else. I can't believe it was a beginners class and they had us doing full on shoulder stands! Everyone I've spoken to about it since then who've done yoga are all incredulous about it too... mmnn.

Anyway, tonight I went to track... we did three laps warm up (1200m) then we did some strides, then the main part of it was 5 x 800m sprints with 400m jog recovery between each. I'm starting to see why track is so evil, but also so good for making you run better... I didn't quite feel like throwing up as much after tonights session either (always a bonus!) For some reason my last lap is my fastest (maybe because I know I can kill myself on it and I don't have to do it again). Tonights final lap of 800m was 4:40, I think.

I love watching people sprint around the track... I think it's because you can really watch the way they move... someone who runs well is sort of like poetry in motion... graceful and powerful all at the same time. I'm sure I must still look like puffing billy, but hey, one day I won't!

I paid for the Gold Coast Half today, as well as the Lest We Forget Run. So it's all locked in now! No escape! Part of me is a little overwhelmed by it... what have I let myself in for? *L* I'm excited and scared all at the same time.... If I can run a half marathon, that means that I'm then going to have to up the ante for 2006, and we know what that means! I'm still sort of scratching my head over how fast I've managed to get to where I am now. The Run Inners have been reminding me how important it is not to try to rush things - it's just so hard when you know how much better you feel.... but I'm in this for the long haul and I've got years ahead of me to run at all manner of speeds, events and distances :) *rubs hands together in glee* I'm so hooked!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Your enthusiasm and improvement is inspiring Hannah. I look forward to reading about your success in July !! Keep up the fantastic work.

Ewen said...

Track is not evil Hannah! It is exquisitely pure and beautiful. You are coping quite well with your addiction ;)

By the way, your blog is looking 'normal' again. No bugs.