Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Almost a Technicolour Track Run!

I'm becoming a bit of a running club tart lately - jumping around from one to the next *grins* Tonight I went to the Run Inn Track night and where we ran 600m loops around the track about five or six times, trying to set a consistent fast pace for each set. Hard work and I even felt like I was about to throw up in the car on the way home (not a good sensation to have whilst doing 100 down the freeway!)

I really need some way to record my times - I can't remember mine tonight, except that the last three were something like 3:45, 3:30 and then 3:25, but by that point I'd slowed right down to my usual steady lollop (confused as to why the last one was faster!) I always set out wayyy too fast and then I've got no energy left after the first couple.

I also carry my arms and shoulders really high when I run apparently, so we did some work on me keeping my arms low and relaxed. I know exactly why I do it, too - it's because I've spent so much time on a treadmill in the last couple of years - the safety bar on that is just above waist height and I've been lifting my arms up as I go to avoid cracking my hands on it. Annoying because it's become a subconcious habit that I'm now going to have to break. Oh well, not a big drama at all :)

Well, I think I might go and distract myself and watch some boring television. Still feeling a bit green around the gills!

No comments: