Monday, March 07, 2005

One Door Closes, Another Opens...

Did a stretch class tonight. Starting to feel a bit less locked up and I'm not sure why (havent really stretched much more than usual) but it's a welcome relief! There were only two of us in the class and so we did a lot of work on core stability - hard work but well worth it.

I had some bad work related news today. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this but I'm an artist by trade and I run my own small business doing everything from photography to graphics and web design. Well, as is the nature of small business, you get your ups and your downs - and looks like the next few months are going to be a bit of a financial down for me, so I'm having to look at ways to tighten my belt a bit until things level out again.

Consequently, I'm not going to be at Pat Carroll training for the time being - am looking at Run Inn training on tues/thurs evenings instead, basically because it's cheaper and there's not the commitment to a set monthly fee. I'm a bit miffed about it because I was enjoying being inspired by my fellow CRs, but I don't really have much of a choice for the time being. I'm still going to come to the 3km time trial every month if I can though! And there's the regular BRRC runs which I wouldnt miss for the world!

I'm trying to look at my work woes as a small blessing in disguise too, because it's also given me a bit of a push to stop procrastinating and just cancel my gym membership, which has in turn, deepened my resolve and commitment to keep running because it'll be my main form of exercise... not that I actually need my resolve or commitment deepened at the moment, I'm absolutely obsessed already!

1 comment:

Cirque said...

Hannah - sorry to hear about your setback, but I love your positive attitude. Feel free to draw on us as often as you can for more inspiration. Most of us are only an email away.