Wednesday, March 09, 2005

11km! Again! *bounces* :)

Well, I didn't hallucinate it the last time, It's true - I can run 11km! Had running group again tonight, we're increasing times by five minutes each week in preparation for the gold coast half! This week was 1:05, next week will be 1:10 and so on til we're covering 20km I guess.

We did a lot of hills tonight which were really hard going but all in all, it was good. I huffed and puffed my way up the hills and then in the last km or so, but I didnt have to walk and all in all my breathing is sooo much easier, it's fab! I'm now starting to feel that if I can keep a steady pace on the flat, I can just keep going. Makes me feel optimistic about being able to do the half - I'll just plod along under my own steam and eventually, I think I might just get there! I even managed a very short sprint on the way back tonight, instead of just wanting to drop down and kiss the pavement!

The other lovely thing that happened was that they heard I cracked the half hour mark for 5km and announced it to everyone during the notices before the run - everyone cheered and clapped and I went bright red and got all embarrassed *grins* That's one of the reasons why I really like the group - they're so supportive and it just doesnt matter if you're doing 5km in 30 minutes or 3 minute ks - we're all in it together! I've even gotten a girl from kickboxing to start coming along and she's enjoying it - and another new aquaintance from the IWD run is going to come and run the 8km Lest We Forget loop with me on friday morning. That's if we can work out where it goes from the map!

Looking forward to the West End on sunday... I can feel a quicker time coming on! I'm not doing another track session tomorrow under orders of Run Inn people - instead I'm probably going to go swimming or for a walk or some such. Then on friday I'll run again, have saturday as non running exercise again and then take on the west end on sunday. Starting to formulate some sort of routine, I think :)

3 comments:

Stu Mac said...

nnah, As Tim said in the blogger thread, "but in Explorer the profile and Monthly km's are down the bottom", same for me. I use Explorer and everything was at the bottom, but the banner does look cool...

Jen said...

H, congratulations on the run ! Your hard work is really paying off at the moment. Keep up the great work.

PS. I have the same problem as Tim and Stu with Explorer - but when using Netscape, it's fine. The profile and kms table are at the top. Weird.

Aki said...

Are they your eyes Hannah? It looks good and I've got no problems. I seem to have not known about you running for 1hr, congrats on reaching this milestone, next time post in to coolrunning and send us a link so I don't overlook it!

The 5mins a week is what I sort of used to build up to reach the half distance. It did work, just remember to round off every few weeks.

~Aki