Wednesday, March 02, 2005

8km Run

Running group tonight and the club singlets were back so I have another running top to add to my new found dri-weave-goodness. You won't miss me in it either - day glo yellow and purple! But I don't care - I'm proud of it... it's sort of taken on a symbolic meaning for me. Got my race number through the post for the IWD run this morning too, and feel the same way about that, too. Definitely want to keep it for prosperity. I wonder if other runners keep their race numbers? Have also discovered that running group also run track training groups of an evening, so I think I really need to sit down and work out what I want to do and when. At the moment, I'm a bit (okay, a lot) like a kid in a candy store!

The run was sooo much easier for me tonight. Last time (when we did 11km) we kept pace with the next group up for most of the way and they went quite a lot quicker, but this time round, because there were more of us (and two more people moved up from beginners) we kept a nice steady pace and I finished feeling really strong. I felt like I could even have kept going for a while actually. There's something about falling into a certain rhythym with breathing and steps, I think - a point where it seems to become less of an effort to run. We did a whole hour of running - not sure of the distance, but I asked one of the girls and they reckon we'd have done about 8km or so. Also got a leaflet for the Gold coast marathon shoved my way - there's talk of me doing the half (!!!) I realy don't know if I'll quite be up to that distance by then, but I'm told that if I can get myself up to 16km or so, I should be able to do a half without too much of a problem! The girls tell me they're going to increase the distance we go each week til then anyway, so maybe I will be ready in time.

Anyway, I should take my poor sore legs/stomach (all from kickboxing last night!) to bed - have a bright and early start tomorrow morning!

No comments: