Wednesday, March 02, 2005

West End was 28.40 (Woo!)

Running-Related High + Credit Card = Bad Combination

LOL

Yesterday I was on such a high from running that I went out and bought a new running outfit - made out of driweave, which, I'm rapidly discovering is soooo much better than anything cotton for running. For the whole of the last two years of exercise related activity... rowing, kickboxing, PT etc... I've made do with ultra cheapo bonds singlets and bike pants, but since I started running, I've realised exactly how truly revolting it is to sweat copiously in cotton (and after the chafing incident, never again!) So Nike goodness is allll mine. Muahahaha.

Last night I went and did kickbox, but I was a bit buggered from the morning still. May have to swap my classes around or something, or maybe I'll recover better from running as time goes on - my squat front kicks were awful! While I was there, I had a chat with the trainer who was going to do the Triathlon club, but now looks like he isnt going to do it :( dammit :( Nothing to do but wait and see what happens. Either way, I can still train myself up to that standard, whether I end up doing the whole tri or not. Journey, not destination and all that.

Tonight is running group. Second week with the big kids! I think I definitely need a decent watch so I can time myself. I'm contemplating whether to get a heart rate monitor too, but I don't know if I'd use that function or not... time to go and read the relevant threads in CR perhaps, and see what the general consensus is.

Oh, and got the time for my West End Run - 28.40! Sub 30, Baby!!! Now to aim for 25 minutes instead!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow - congratulations Hannah on a fabulous week (and on your shopping expedition). You are going from strength to strength at the moment. You are also inspiring a lot of beginners (myself included). Keep up the great work !

Bennyr said...

Hey Hannah, you asked for any other triathlon tips, and now that I've actually finished one, I feel a little bit qualified to give you a bit of advice:

1) Get thee to a swim squad. You'll finish the bike and run no worries, but you need to get your swim working for you to finish a 1500m open water swim.

2) Get in some open water swimming practise. It's a totally different beast to swimming laps at the pool.

3) Get a decent road bike, and ride it with your local tri club. You may have to build up to this. I rode for a couple of months before going on one of the local tri clubs 50K rides.

Just some ideas for you. Good luck with it!