Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Long Run

Long run with running group tonight. It was Schultzy's birthday so everyone wanted to get back for the cake - so we did an hour run rather than the planned 1:10. Consequently, a lot of them seemed to be speeding up on me, so a few of us sort of hung off the back and went a little bit slower. Maybe they should put regulation cheesecake at the finishing line of every race - seems like runners are all very motivated by their bellies! It'd be PB city!

Now that I've booked and paid for the GC Half, I'm wondering whether I should in fact get a room down there somewhere instead of driving... it's a really early start to be driving from Brisbane and then parking, then catching a shuttle bus. Mind you, with my finances in their current state I shouldnt really be paying for hotel rooms, though maybe I can find people to share with and cut the cost a bit. With all the CRs coming up for the run, I'd love to meet some of them in the flesh - I wonder if there's normally a CR get together before/after the race? I do love a good party! Or at least, dinner/coffee or something!

I'm thinking I need a non-running day tomorrow.... I've got PT in the afternoon but that's weights. I've just realised that I've run ten days out of the last fourteen and the last four of those were in a row *snorks* Could probably do with a recovery day!

No comments: