Sunday, March 20, 2005

3k run, 2k walk

This afternoon I went for a run around West End/Southbank/City and I got the worst stitch I've ever had. Ever. Normally, if I get a stitch, it goes in one direction and on one side. This one was right accross both sides, from the bottom of my rib cage to my pelvis, on both sides. I was almost sick as a result, but once I slowed to a walk, eventually it calmed down. Having said that, my stomach is still not right this evening and if I twist, it twinges.

I think it was caused by running on a full stomach - I've been eating a ton more carbs since I started running because I'm starving all the time and my body has sort of become used to not having them... so when I eat them now, I feel very full and a bit heavy (in a good way) but it seems to play absolute havoc with my ability to run, if I don't leave a good three hours for them to digest before exercise.

Anyway, enough stitch talk. I'm still feeling generally under the weather (maybe that had something to do with it too) but my sore throat hasnt yet progressed to anything worse, thankfully. Looking forward to the easter 10k in the botanical gardens. It'll be my first official 10km run outside of running group! woo!

3 comments:

Clairie said...

Hi Hannah,

I am plagued by stiches all the time. I think it is the qty of water I gulp down (as opposed to sipping!!).

I can't eat before a run but that is why running in the morning is so convenient for me.

Looking forward to seeing you out there for the Good Friday run.

Aki said...

I have no excuse for stitches, I just get them. Particularly if I try hard. So maybe it's a good sign, who knows?

Tesso said...

Re the stiches one trick somebody told me was to breath out out out (almost until you cough) until there's no air left in your lungs. Works most of the time for me.

See ya Friday morn.