Sunday, March 13, 2005

West End 5km - 27:40! PB!

Wahoo! Today I did the 5km at the West End in 27:40 :)

Happy, happy me! I even managed a bit of a sprint at the end, which was a welcome change. the last couple of times, I've had absolutely nothing left in the last km. This time I found myself wondering when to really start to push (not really wanting to surge too early and then end up having to walk the last bit!) So, since the first time I did the 5km, I've shaved over three minutes off my time!

25 minutes is so close, I can smell it!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I was hoping to see you had run today - well done on a new PB!!

I don't think it will be long before you break the 25min mark.

Be Proud - be very proud!!

Jen said...

Congratulations on your PB today. Great run. That magical 25min mark is not too far away now !!

Aki said...

Lol, not fair, now I have to REALLY watch my back! :) You girls in kindy corner are improving in leaps, and particularly with you Hannah, bounds as well.

Incredible run. Congrats!

Clairie said...

Excellent run Hannah. So great to see the results coming through from your persistance.

Might try to get to the run innn this Wednesday for shultzy's birthday.

A PB is a wonderful way to encourage you in your running. Hope to see plenty more coming from you in the months ahead.

Tesso said...

Big congrats!

And what perfect timing yesterday - I was cruising past in the other direction as you crossed the line. I was so excited to see you had knocked a whole minute off your 5k time! It really gave me a lift at the time - hope you don't mind me sharing your joy ;-)

Looking very good for 25mins, Mooloolaba and a half marathon, very good.

Hannah, the tribe has spoken, its time for you to leave the kindy.