Thursday, March 03, 2005

Owwwww

This morning I woke up and felt not so good... bit fatigued from doing three days of running ina row (plus kickboxing on tues night and then personal training tonight) I feel full of energy in myself and my mind is willing - but it seems my body is not! My achilles are really tight and quite sore and looking at what I've done over the last two weeks, I've broken the magic 10% rule by quite a bit - did 20km total last week to 33km by the end of this week. Oops. Will try not to run tomorrow or saturday to give everything a chance to settle down.

I found this mornings session really hard... by the end of it I couldnt even manage a slow jog back to the starting point. Clairie (bless her) waited for me to catch up and walked most of the way with me.

I think I really, really need to sit down and work out a proper training program so that I've got structure there, but so I'm not going to overdo things and end up injured. Another major priority is to find a decent Ivengar (sp?) yoga class to sort out my flexibility issues. One of the good points of doing PT is that stretch you out afterwards... and today I really feel like I need it!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Hi Hannah,

Listen to the body especially the achilles. There is plenty of time to build up the kilometers.

It's great having you at the speed sessions.