Sunday, March 27, 2005

West End 7km in 40:00

Self select run at the west end this morning, comprised of loops of 7km. I opted to do the smallest, as I'm trying to keep my obsession in check and not increase distance by more than 10% a week *LOL* The extra 2k certainly made a difference to the run... nice to push a bit more though. Looking at my calendar, the last four weeks have been better than I thought they were -

Week ending 6/03: 30km
Week ending 13/03: 21km
Week ending 20/03: 30km
Week ending 27/03: 32km

Which is quite a consistent distance, really. Next week I'm doing:

Monday: 5-10km slow run with friends (going to try and go a bit longer with this one, than our usual 5km)
Tuesday: Track (speedwork - 5km?)
Wednesday: Long Run with running group (10-12km?)
Thursday: No running, but PT session in pm
Friday: 5-10km slow run with friends
Saturday: REST (going camping!)
Sunday: REST (going camping!)

So, I'm running four times a week (although three days in a row) - Am wondering if that's a reasonable training plan - might run it past my trainer on thursday. Might not run on friday (muscles usually really, really sore after weights!)

Tesso took some really nice running piccies this morning - though I'm sure I looked stunning after running, all sweaty and redfaced! Clairie managed to have her pic taken whilst airborne which was quite impressive *weg* I'm thinking I might take my camera to the next west end run... as it gets darker and the sun comes up later, the light is really, really nice :)

Great morning, it was :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read your schedule and feel like i am standing still....

Awesome schedule!! Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Like skizzik said : that's a really great schedule, Hannah; results will certainly flow from consistently following such a programme.