Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Pumping Iron + Radio shows!

Thanks so much for all the bling bling comments! *L* Damn right, Clairie, I did wear it to coffee - what can I say? It matched my shirt! LOL...

On monday I had training and we worked my arms so hard I almost threw up. I hate the sensation of doing weights when you reach your limit and get tired, because you feel like you're pushing/pulling like buggery and yet you just can't make the relevant bit move more than half an inch. Really frustrating and not pleasant. Still, I guess it's good mentally in a way, to have that mind-over-matter challenge. Can use it as a metaphor in other parts of my training, like running :)

We decided on monday not to work my legs so they'll be strong for sunday. Every time I hear the word 'half', my stomach flips over. But all will be well (she says nodding and trying to push that bar half an inch). My trainer also worked out a bit of a taper for me this week. I don't think I'm going to be very good at tapering... I had a rest day yesterday and I'm already dying to go out and run. I'm running tonight with the club but I don't think we'll be going too long because of sunday. Then sometime between thursday and sunday I think I'll do an easy 5km, though Tony (trainer) thinks I should hold off til sunday *pout* apparently I'm supposed to be itching to run by sunday but I am already! Meh.

Oh, and you know, if you happened to be listening to 4ZZZ on the 12 June at 12.30pm, you never know... you might just hear a certain artist-runner talking about her artwork on air :)

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Good luck for Sunday. I'll be doing the 10,000 so will keep my eyes out for your finish!

Clairie said...

Looking forward already to reading your race report for the half Hannah.

Best of luck. We want more bling bling stories :)

Wobbly man said...

Good luck for your half on Sunday Hannah. I hope you enjoy your taper and the half (and that fantastic sense of accomplishment that comes with it). :)