Thursday, June 30, 2005

Pouring!

So last night I went to running and it absolutely poured down. I was feeling a bit uninspired given the weather, but we all gee-d each other up and out we went. Ended up doing laps of Brookside undercover carpark and then headed back along the bike path. My shoes gradually filled with water and I stepped in a few ankle deep puddles, so by the end, each foot felt like weighed 5 kilos!

Everyone there has been egging me on to try for 2 hours on sunday and telling me I'll do it easily (!) but I'm thinking more in the vicinity of 2.10 - I may write 2 hour pacing up my arm and try for it though. Just to see. You're all a bad, bad influence on me! LOL! Any time better than 2.30 is fine with me though!

Tonight I'm going to go and do 5kms or so on the tready at the gym... mostly just to keep my legs moving and so that I feel virtuous! My arms are still sore from PT on tuesday! Worked out my monthly kms today as well - nice to see them increasing again. Next month, I'm aiming for more.

To that end, I hereby do solemnly swear that after the Gold Coast, I am going to do the Brisbane Running Buddies Saturday Runs and go back to tuesday night track. The only variable will be whether I have to work - back to 24/7 shiftwork in a few weeks time so may prove interesting combining running with it.

4 comments:

miners said...

Best of luck with whatever time you aim for at GC Hannah. look forward to catching up again

Jen said...

Good luck with the Half on Sunday Hannah. I'm really looking forward to meeting you and I'll be sure to give you a big cheer on your way to a sub-2hrs ! J

Lulu said...

Hi Hannah,

I think you'll come very close to 2 hours. I did the SMH half in 2 hrs 14 mins and my current PB for 10kms is 60 mins so you should be able to go really close... worth having the 5 km splits on your arm anyway just to see how close you get. I don't know if this will help but I divided the race into 4 5km races and timed my laps on this basis.. psychologically it helped because at each 5km mark I started a new race and somehow that made me feel a bit fresher.

Good luck

TA and the Gnome said...

Hannah, for the SMH half, we wrote two sets of splits on the arm - one was the time we'd be ecstatic to do, and the other was the time TA's coach thought we'd do (ie even faster). Guess what - we split the difference :-)

Write the splits for 2 hours and promise to be excited with 2:10 :-)

sfG