Sunday, May 29, 2005

10km PB and Bling Bling!

So, yesterday I did 5km on a tready and then did some weights, stretched. This morning I went to the BRRC meet at the West End and did the 10km.... and somehow took 2:10 off my previous time, to come in at a PB of 57:20 - felt all bouncy from that alone - and then, bugger me backwards - turns out it was the 10km championships and I came second in my age group! So I got a medal!

I'm having this sneaky suspicion there may only have been two of us *in* our age group, but still - I scored my first official bling bling. I couldnt get the grin off my face. Ha! I can't wait to tell my trainer tomorrow ;) I think this little confidence boost was exactly what I needed in preparation for the half on sunday. Can't believe it's a week away. Argh!

Anyway, went and had coffee with Tesso, Clairie and other lovely CRs and caught up on the latest goss... it is a lovely little running community here in Bris :) After that, I went and had a sauna and steam and chilled out at the gym.

*bounce bounce bounce* Still grinning.

Happy Me :)

11 comments:

Robert Song said...

Congratulations on the PB.

You are reaping the benefits of those long runs.

Wobbly man said...

Wow! Congrats on your PB and medal, I'm green with envy!

Tesso said...

Yay Hannah! You deserve to still be grinning. What a great run you had this morning. A 2 minute PB for 10k is amazing!!!

So exciting about the medal too. Tee hee, we CR girls make quite a vocal little cheer squad don't we :-)

Glad you made it to coffee at Expressohead this time too instead of going straight to the gym - see what you've been missing!

Unknown said...

yeay Hannah! That's so fantastic...and it gives me hope!

Robert Song said...

Yes, it was perfect running weather this morning.

I keep a low profile most of the time. That's just me.

Jen said...

Woohoo - congratulations Hannah on a huge PB and a medal !! Finished off with a coffee with Clairie and Tesso - what a great start to the day. Look forward to meeting you at GC !

Clairie said...

How funny Hannah - you forgot to mention the fact that we went to coffee with you still WEARING the bling bling proudly around your neck.

Looked like I was eating at the Champions table..made me feel very inadequate.

BTW girls night out on Tuesday Hannah. Book it in. Park Road at 7pm.

trailblazer777 said...

Congratulations on the 10k PB! way to go!...enjoyed your team E update, and it was a big encouragement for me, thanks... Also nice to know a few of the bloggers out there are also enjoying the chariots music...its something special...

Unknown said...

That's wonderful, Hannah! What a boost this must give you...a medal & PB! Keep smiling & enjoy every minute of your success.

Ewen said...

Don't forget to take the bling bling off before you run the half Hannah! A fantastic PB. Now we want a number with a '4' in front of it! That'll give the cheer squad something to really shout about.

Unknown said...

Awesome Hannah!!!!- just saw this - a PB by over 2mins - that is sensational....I'll never catch you!!