Friday, June 17, 2005

Wobble

I did track last night. I've decided I really like sprinting and I feel like I'm faster at it (which, logically would make sense LOL). I like the freeness of just cutting loose and going hell for leather down the straight. Of course, it doesnt feel so good after a 2km warm up, 1 x 800m, 3 x 500m and another 1 x 800m. I shouldn't have stopped going because I think my times were worse, but at least I went the whole session and didn't have to sit one out like I used to.

My brain has started playing annoying little psychological tricks on me again with the Gold Coast Half. Even though I now know I can physically cover the distance through a run/walk combo, I still feel like I can't or haven't done enough training or something. I really need to shake myself out of it because it got in the way of the lose-5kgs plan yesterday and today :( consequently:

current weight: 76.4kgs

Bah! So close. Self sabotage is soooo UNBELIEVABLY frustrating. Dammit, Dammit, Dammit! It's not irreversable, but tomorrow night I've got dinner at a friends and I know that eating up there is always difficult because I have to navigate my way through the delicious fresh crusty bread, real butter, pork with crackling, chocolate bavarian and patisserie cheesecake :( Far Out. I guess it'll be the ultimate test of my (currently faltering!) will power.

Went to the gym tonight and did virtually nothing. Bad Hannah. My legs are tired from track and I thought I'd rest them for tomorrow with the Running Buddies, but I'm having a bout of last minute wobbles about that too... debating whether or not to go :( Argh.

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Aha, so that's why you were a no-show this morning! No problems Hannah, you can make up for it next Saturday - 6am at The Regatta.

Most of us are going through what you are feeling re the race so consider yourself a 'normal' runner. Its only two weeks away so its taper time anyway.

Aki said...

Your making my mouth water... and the sprinting sounds like fun. :)