Sunday, June 19, 2005

I have a cunning plan.

All right. Time to stop being a complete wuss and get down to business.

Much to my shame, I didn't go to Running Buddies yesterday... mostly due to aforementioned psychological wobble which I shall endeavour to beat into submission this week! I think track didn't help matters because it emphasises to me just how slow I am in comparison to everyone else. Hard to watch a 9 year old lap you repeatedly! *snorks*

At the same time, one of the other women who was running was apparently pretty high up in the scheme of things, so I know it'd be completely unrealistic to even attempt to compare me to her. Or, infact, me to any of the other track runners really, since they've all been doing it for a whole lot longer than me. I'm going to try and stick with track though I think. It's all part of the long term process.

So, here's my countdown to the GC Half plan for next week:

Mon 20/6:
morning: 9.15am BodyCombat, Stretch, Sauna
evening: 10km Run

Tues 21/6:
morning: REST
evening: 6:30pm BodyCombat

Weds 22/6:
morning: 9.15am Latin Fiesta
evening: 6pm Long Run, Run Inn Runners - 15kms?

Thurs 23/6:
morning: REST
evening: 6pm Trackwork (5km?) Stretch

Fri 24/6:
morning: 6:00am Body Combat
evening: 6:30pm Body Balance

Sat 25/6:
morning: 6:00am Brisbane Running Buddies, 10:30am Yoga?
evening: REST

Sun 26/6:
morning: 6:30am 10km BRRC, Stretch, Sauna/Steam
evening: REST

There :) If that doesnt shake things up, nothing will. I haven't yet gotten into the classes since I rejoined the gym with Fitness First. I've done combat before though and always loved it. Definitely gets the blood pumping. Is definitely going to be a running week too, with running on monday, wednesday, thursday, saturday and sunday! I'm trying to make this week quite big, because the next week will be my version of a taper for the half.

This is also going to be *the* week for getting to 75kgs. I'm suspecting it's going to be hard work too, since I may have innocently allowed some pork and crackling and cheesecake and alchoholic beverages to accidentally fall into my trap last night. Whoops! Scales'll show it tommorrow, but 75kgs, here I come!

Chaaarrrgggeeeee !!!

3 comments:

Carolyne said...

That is a very cunning plan Hannah!

All of us have 9 year olds lapping us. It happens.

Your plan sides pretty full on; you sure it's not too structured and hard to stick to?

You'll be fine for the half, I'm sure of that. A taper is a good idea.

75kgs here we come!

Ewen said...

It's great to have a plan Hannah and put it out there for all to see.

Your track day follows a long-run day (15kms). It's always going to feel hard running a track session the day after a 15km.

The 15km is important for the half so I'd put a fair bit of effort into that and just do the track session 'easy paced'. Concentrate on good form and maybe cut back the distances.

After the half, if you enjoy both these sessions, do the 15k very easily (1 min per k or more slower than normal) so as to be able to attack the track session.

You could then do a harder 10-15k run on the weekend. Flash is right - taper in the last week but don't bulk up on the calories.

Gronk said...

Keep plugging away Hannah. I will be watching your progress to the GC 1/2. :)