Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Purple Tri Suit

Bit the bullet today and went tri suit shopping. Tried on three different suits before spotting something sticking out of the bargain rack at the front - a purple brooks all in one suit in my size - and even better, reduced to $30! Bargain! The Zoot one fitted better and was much more flattering being a darker colour, but for the sake of saving $120 I don't really care... I want to just have a go at Bribie and see how I feel before I start throwing huge amounts of money into it. With xmas and an overseas trip coming up, my finances are a little woeful at the moment - and when I get back from overseas, there's the slight issue of getting hold of a bike, too! If all goes well, I'll invest in a really good one - I like the look of those orca suits. Yummy.

So anyway, all up I'm feeling pretty smug and pleased with myself. Had PT this morning and got told off by my trainer for not keeping a food diary - oops. Naughty me. At least the thought of having to wear a purple tri suit in a few weeks is going to keep me motivated to drop a few more kilograms. It's not very flattering at all, but I just keep thinking of the Nike slogan - Run Ugly! I'm definitely going to fall into that category *L*

Spent yesterday moving most of my belongings over to the house I'm sitting. It's in quite a nice spot really - right next to bush reserve opposite some bike trails - which I'm dying to get out and run (and ride!) and, nearer to running group, too! D

3 comments:

miners said...

Yay! Glad you decided to throw caution to the wind - although at $30 it sounds like you nabbed yourself the bargain of a century!

we do need photos however ...

Cirque said...

That sure sounds like a bargain Hannah. I hope it brings you lots of luck and good times. (I mean race times, of course not the other sort of good times). :)

Tamyka Bell said...

The Orca suits are without a doubt the most flattering and comfortable race suits you can find. Just put one on and feel the seconds vanishing!