Thursday, November 24, 2005

10k and Muahahahaha

Running group last night - 10km. We all started off as one big group and then broke into two, with the slower group turning back sooner. At the moment, I feel quite torn! When they split, I stood in the middle with both the slow group and the faster group beckoning at me to go with them *L* I went with the faster group and then felt like I was cheating on the others!

I half questioned my decision as the faster group seemed to speed up as we went along though - lots of hills at five-something pace and once again I had to work my butt off to keep up. Again, they were all on recovery from the 500k relay, so I think on a standard week, I'd be eating their dust. Even though it's tempting to carry on with the slower group and be able to chat and have fun, I know that choosing the harder option is the only way I'm going to get any better so I just have to bite the bullet and ignore how much it hurts! Speaking of hurt, poor old Sam took a tumble last night. I think she's going to have some impressive bruises this morning!

While we were running, I was chatting to MJ about Bribie and she decided to enter with me! So now I have someone to share the whole experience with which is lovely. This triathlon thing is contagious I'm sure ;) muahahahaha! I'm going to go and pick up my borrowed bike today too, so this afternoon I might hit the bike tracks. Also planning a swim later this morning.

Sam half convinced me to have a go at doing the Mount Cootha run with the running buddies on saturday. I am going to be sooo incredibly slow, I still don't know if I'm ready to do it with other people. Plus, I was going to do the 15km at the West End on sunday. Which I could probably still do if I ran conservatively (or did the 5km instead) Or, I could go up to Shorncliffe and do the 5km time trial on saturday instead.

Choices, choices!

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Hannah, I can't believe you are luring people over to the crazy dark side of tris and you haven't even been there yourself yet!

Re Mt Coot-tha, we are going to start a regular run. From next week it will be 5.30am every Friday starting at the JC Slaughter Falls carpark.

See ya Saturday.