Friday, November 25, 2005

moan, whinge, bah humbug *L*

So, I've now got the bike, bought a helmet and a gel seat cover (not that it makes things that much better! to steal a minerism, my back groin feels like it's never going to be the same again!)

I took it out this afternoon and did some killer hills, followed by a shortish run on jelly legs. I have no idea if I'll be able to tackle Mt-C tomorrow!!! I suspect I may well be crippled ;)

I'm sort of remembering why I love running so much - it's so simple, so easy, so... sort of pure.... you just stick your shoes on and go.... perhaps this reaction is partly because I'm fairly nervous about riding on the main roads around here - I feel like it's taking my life in my hands, somewhat! Traffic sucks.

Swam yesterday, 400m freestyle hurrah! Next week comes the interesting task of trying to join everything together in training! argh!

4 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

Geez Hannah, when you started running, did you attack killer hills on your first day? Give yourself a break girl!

Find yourself some back roads or a big park and just get the hang of spending time in the saddle. I asked some hard-core cyclist friends of mine about when the saddle stopped hurting - they said when you stopped riding... You do get used to it though (really).

sfG

CJ said...

Good luck withyour triathlon training - its all very contagious! I'm doing the Women's and Girls triathlon this Sunday - 400m swim/14km cycle/4km run.

I agree with TA - get used to sitting on a bike saddle and putting in some kms before tackling lots of killer hills - that's the quickest way to get discouraged. Good luck!

Cirque said...

Hannah, you never do anything by halves, do you girl?
Good on you for trying so hard though. I wish I could be there to watch your first tri!

Katie said...

Good on you Hannah!!! What a challenge... I am with you the cost puts me off! Ohh and the sore bum!