Thursday, November 03, 2005

10km - 2kgs = feeling better!

Hurrah, I finally feel better! Nothing quite like feeling constantly nauseous for four days, NOT! *bleurgh* I lost another 2kgs in the process!

Went running last night with the faster group. Again, I absolutely worked my butt off to keep up with them, and I still had to walk up parts of the final, mammoth nasty hill. Sweated buckets, too. That said, I feel like I'm able to run at a slightly faster pace than before, so that's good. Felt much harder than last time, but perhaps that's because I've been sick, too.

Getting excited about Noosa.... much more nervous than usual. Partly because I want to smash my 10km PB, and partly because the tri is so new to me. I want to love it :) everyone keeps telling me I will but you never know. I'm wishing I could get accommodation up there somewhere but everything is booked solid. Might try one or two towns down and see if I have any better luck. Parking is going to be a pain in the bum, that's for sure.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better Hannah.

You will blitz it at Noosa; I have no doubt about that. Your strength and fitness is improving all the time. Have faith in yourself chicky and I can't wait to read your race report (hugs)

J.

Clairie said...

Hi Hannah,

Best of luck for Sunday.

Worst case scenario just drive up. That way you will be able to eat before you get in the car and still have time for it to digest by the time you get there.

let's face it - you're not going to get much sleep in a hotel bed anyhow....

I'm cheering for you :)

Tesso said...

Sounds like you are a permanent fixure in that faster group now Hannah.

Good to hear you have recovered in time for Noosa. It might be perfect conditions for running if the weather stays like it is at the moment.

Tamyka Bell said...

If it felt harder and you were sweating more than usual, then your thermoregulation might still be out from being sick - especially given gastro-type illnesses. I know you'll do fantastically at Noosa :) I've sent email to your yahoo account about possible accommodation.