Sunday, November 13, 2005

10km in 57.15 :(

This weekend is shaping up to be huge - yesterday I did an easy 10km with the running buddies, or rather - Sam, Schultzy and I did an easy 10km while the others took off up Mount Cootha! I'm not quite brave enough to have a go at that with other people just yet, and besides, I wanted to go well today at the BRRC 10km.

I don't think I realised just quite how much the heat takes it out of you - it was really, really humid again today and everyone was sweating buckets too. I managed 57.15 again which annoyed me immensely. Particularly as I was running perfect 5.30 pace for the first four kms. I just couldn't sustain it though and slowed. My throat is still sore as well and so I think a visit to the doc is going to have to happen. Blah. Antihistamine doesn't help either, so I know it's not just killer hayfever. I want to get under 55 minutes so badly I can taste it! ggggrrrraaarrrggghhhh!!! *L*

This afternoon I am doing my first tri-training attempt with an IM friend, John. He's another person who has volunteered to lend me a bike for the Bribie Enticer Tri (thankyou to those of you who've offered btw - much appreciated :) so looks like I'm entering! I'm slightly scared because he's so fast at everything and I'm buggered from running this morning already, but I've got til this afternoon to recover. All I can do is my best, anyway. I'd better get used to multiple lumps of exercise on the same day - I think there's going to have to be a lot more of it!

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Don't be too down about your time Hannah, everyone seemed to have shockers this morning. Even some of the 'fast guys' we know were three minutes or more slower than expected so in comparison you did quite well. But damn that humidity!

Enjoy your tri-training.

Jen said...

Keep your chin up Hannah. It's so hard to run well in the humidity. Your hard work and persistence will certainly pay off :-)

J.