Saturday, November 19, 2005

25km Long Slow Run 2:35

Well, that 25km wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be - infact, I did it a minute quicker than last time (although there were a few drink and stretching stops which we didn't count) I think subconciously the last couple of crappy 10km races I've done (where I felt like I was about to die) had made me think I was going to feel the same way on a long slow run.

Sam and I set off from the Ship Inn, over the Story Bridge and then down to New Farm Park - then we came back up past the Riverside Centre, down to the Regatta, back up, across the Victoria Bridge and through South Bank. Starting at 5am was a fantastic idea - the first hour was lovely and we were up over the Story Bridge before we knew it. Very civilised pace meant we gossiped just about all the way (huffing and puffing slightly, anyway)

I feel quite good really. Much better than after the 10k last weekend. My calves were cramping a tad and the last 5k were hard, but all up I'm pleased. Which means one thing:

There's no escape from Kurruwa!

3 comments:

Lulu said...

Go Hannah! Sounds like a great run and not too shabby a pace either for that sort of distance!

Tesso said...

Sounds like you girls did it easy for the 25k. Well done.

Kurrawa - bring it on!!!

Tamyka Bell said...

No escape from Kurrawa? I'd say no escape FOR Kurrawa, you're going to carve it up!