Sunday, July 17, 2005

Weights

Went and took my frustration out on the weights this morning. Feel so annoyed I couldn't do the fun run - the weather looked perfected for it. Oh well, it's only one run out of many more to come, hopefully :) Foot feels a bit better today, feeling better much more quickly than last time round which has to be a good sign. Based on how frustrated I've been just from this, I think I'd be really unbearable to be around if I ever did anything more serious to myself! *touch wood!*

Anyways, carrying on with the positive vibe, am planning the week to look like this:

M - Gym Session (no foot stressing stuff! might even go swimming!)
T - Track: 5km?
W - Group Run: 15km?
T - Weights Session
F - 10km
S - Rest Day (gentle mt cootha run/walk on hills, maybe!)
S - Jetty to Jetty 10km

This is based on a 40km week again, with the understanding that I'm just going to concentrate on running as I feel for the week. Or feeling how I run *L* Or something. But you get my drift. I'm not going to be pushing things hard anyway... the emphasis will be on having fun and not stressing.

I think I'm also going to ban the treadmill for the time being, which I'm thinking may also be part of the problem - the repetitive movement or something (and the fact I can actually feel the belt slipping slightly under my feet) plus, it's so mind numbingly BORING... same, same, same..... I can hardly bear it anymore! *L*

4 comments:

CJ said...

Very sensible to take it easy with your running this week - take care of that foot. It is really frustrating when things don't go the way they're supposed to but hang in there - as you said, there are plenty of other runs waiting!

Aki said...

Ease off for now, don't be in too much of a hurry to get back into it. Easier said than done, lol, but the 40k a week sounds good.

Wobbly man said...

I hope your foot feels better soon Hannah. Looking at your monthly kms you could probably use an easy week or two just to allow your body to recover from the big increase in distances over the last couple of months.

Lulu said...

I hope the foot is better soon, it's very frustrating when something interrupts your training rhythm. I agree about the treadmill.. very boring.. outside is best. Take it easy and look after your foot
Lulu