Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Footloose?

Yesterday I was sooo sore, I could hardly walk. Not surprising I guess! I'm almost back to normal today. Yesterday it was all I could do to go to the gym, stretch a lot and then camp in the steam room to massage my aches! I've been sore from training many a time - PT always has me groaning 24-48 hours after a solid weights session, but I think this was actually the sorest my legs have ever been from running alone. Strangely proud of that too for some reason *L* must be the runner in me finally coming out - I knew it was in there, somewhere!

Can't believe how obscene the caffiene withdrawals have been from giving up Diet Coke. Mostly in the form of intense headaches and major cravings - but then, caffiene is addictive, so I don't know quite what I expected to happen! While I was finishing my MA, I pratically lived on it to get me through the day - it was just so exhausting trying to juggle full time work and full time study, all at once. Anyway, I'm now trying to flush my system out a bit by drinking lots of water, so hopefully things will soon calm down and I can have the occasional one as a treat without any probs.

I really want to go to track tonight, but my foot is still painful - though it was my left one that hurt during the half, it's the right one that's now causing problems- only hurts when I pick my foot up off the ground which freaks me out because I don't want to think about what that may mean. So, I'm being cautious and will have today as a rest day too. Fingers crossed tomorrow it will be fine. Will definitely be asking Phil to check my shoes for me on wednesday, too.

Looks like Skiz and I may have to raincheck the adventure race for a while - it's still a bit too soon to organise everything in time. If we don't do it, I think I'll have a go at the 14km Novice race at the West End. If my foot isnt right, I may not even do that *pouts* Positive thoughts - lots and lots of positive thoughts.

Oh, and thankyou all for all the supportive comments, emails and text messages re the half :) It's so lovely to feel so supported :) you're all stars!

2 comments:

Wobbly man said...

I hope your foot woes are soon behind you Hanna! Love your GC photos!

Chelle said...

Hey, well done on your half effort.. 10mins PB is huge and you should be very proud!! look fwd to seeing you on Saturday mornings, and maybe even at Noosa ;)