Sunday, July 31, 2005

5kms

It was so unbelievably good to run today. I ended up staying at a friends last night, so I got home after lunch and headed out... it was lovely to have the wind in my hair again, feet pounding along. I'm trying really hard to think about my form lately, since the podiatrist said I run with my feet going in circles (hence why I sometimes kick my own ankles!) I couldn't stop focussing on my foot either, trying to see if there was any pain. I think perhaps there was a tiny, tiny twinge but it's hard to know if that was just psychological or not!

FINGERS CROSSED that my foot is fine in the morning. If it doesnt hurt, I'm going to go to track, just to touch base with people and run gentle and non-speedily for a couple of loops (it's on grass too which is good) Then I might run (gently!) on wednesday too. I'm so impatient! If it hurts at any point I'll stop of course.

I've also decided to amuse myself in the mean time by doing floor and weights exercises every day for the next couple of weeks and writing down my number of reps to chart the improvement. I think PT on friday inspired me, with the evil ingenuity of the things Tony got me to do - ie. doing push ups on my toes with one hand on the floor and one hand on a medicine ball to work my core muscles as well. *L* I wish they had a chin up bar at the gym!

Tentatitve Week plan:

M -
am: Weights/Floor Exercises
pm: Spin 5.30pm, Yoga 6.30pm

T -
am: Weights/Floor Exercises
pm: Non speedy track session (dep. on foot!)

W -
am: morning run group with In Training? (dep. on foot!)
pm: Weights/Floor exercises

T -
am: Spin 6am
pm: Pilates 6.30pm

F -
am:
pm: Body Balance 6.30pm

S -
am: Yoga 10.30am (not risking BRB til next week!)
pm:

S -
am: B2B (dep. on foot)
pm: Pilates 3.30pm

Like I say, am hoping this is how the week turns out. Might throw a few swims in there, too!

Hope you all had a great weekend :)

No comments: