Thursday, July 07, 2005

London

Just as I finished my run at the gym tonight, I saw the breaking news on the television about the bomb blasts in London. Being both a Pommie and a UK Child of the 80s, I grew up with bomb scares and terrorist threats from the IRA, but what has just happened is a whole new breed of awfulness.

My sister rang from the UK to tell me our family are all fine, although my father was less than a mile from the site of the first explosion. I haven't been able to talk to him yet because all the phone lines are down, but I know he's okay and that's the main thing. I had to tear myself away from the television tonight because it all started to get a little too much.

My heart goes out to everyone who was affected by the blasts, and their family and friends.

1 comment:

Lulu said...

Glad all your family are safe and well. Thankfully my family all live out of London but I haven't been able to contact all my friends as yet..fingers crossed everyone was alright.