Friday, July 29, 2005

PT

Went and did a PT session today. I appear to have trapped a nerve in my armpit somehow, since I woke up not being able to lift my right arm above my head. Not nice. But I refused to let it stop me training and went anyway. It was great to do some grunt work on the weights and start sweating. We did push ups on toes, with one hand on a medicine ball, with sets of five reps on each hand. Just to you know, make me suffer. I nearly died *L* still, I'm up to 45kgs on the lateral pull down now too. I can almost hang off the bar *L* I really wish that my gym had a chin up bar, but if there is one, I've yet to find it.

I'm looking forward to running on sunday immensely, thinking I might not go to the west end and run since most people will be at Ipswich anyway. I could go out there and perhaps do the 10km but it's a long drive and I'll feel tempted to go too fast. Plus, I'm not supposed to be doing more than 30-40 minutes anyway... I dunno. I could run half I guess. Blah, waste of money. Mount Cootha is looking good, since it's off road, no concrete and therefore may be a little better for my foot. Though it is hills, LOL!

I've eaten so badly this week as well. I feel all stodgy and lethargic. Starting sunday, I'm going back to eating healthily. Everything seems to sit on your stomach without training every day and I know I'm up a few kgs again, dammit. Anyway, next week is the B2B, which I wasn't going to do, but if my foot is okay, I would really like to do the 12km. I chickened out of it last year, so I've sort of got unfinished business there ;)

Can't really plan next week's training yet, since depends on sunday's run, but lets hope it's better than my slacko week this week!

1 comment:

CJ said...

Have got my fingers crossed for you for tomorrow's run - hope it goes well.