Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Inside Out Shorts + 40 mins (8km? no idea!)

Went to run group tonight - feeling pretty much back to normal. Thankfully, my foot seems to have sorted itself out and doesnt hurt any more which is definitely a good thing :) Was having paranoid nightmares about stress fractures. But all is well :)

When I arrived tonight, everyone was adding their times from the weekend to a white board on the floor. I didn't particularly want to add mine, but after some prodding, I squatted down and started writing. It was then that John whispered in Sam's ear, and Sam whispered in mine that in my rush to get out of the door at home, I'd accidently put my shorts on inside out and the labels were poking out from under the bottom of my shirt and were on display to everyone in the shop. Oops. *laughs* Oh well! It wasn't til later that I realised that John must've been looking at my arse in order to notice - which I find far more amusing anyway! *L*

We ran as one big group tonight because everyone was supposed to be recovering from the weekend, only, as usual, their 'slow' is my 'fast' and I found myself struggling slightly towards the end of the run and it was only 40 minutes or so! *pouts* I'm thinking maybe I'm still tired from the weekend and that's why it felt hard, but I generally feel fine and my muscle soreness is gone, so I don't know. I got the worst stitch right at the end too - went from my right shoulder, right the way across my back and down my right side which left me feeling slightly nauseous. Sam was lovely and massaged my sweaty shoulder, bless her! Anyway, If I can stop moaning for a minute and look on the positive side of things, it was probably better to feel challenged by the run than not. If you don't challenge yourself, you don't have any reason to improve afterall. Onwards and Upwards and all that! :)

Spoke to Skizzik tonight about the adventure race - which may still go ahead, depending on Skizzik's cunning plan re the logistics of getting bikes - and even if we don't do the race, we might volunteer at it, or alternatively, do the west end runs (7/14kms) and then volunteer (which would be cool, because I feel like I need all the kms I can get at the moment!)

Tomorrow, I think I'll aim for 10kms, weights friday, running buddies saturday and then sunday will be west end 14kms or the adventure race. Should be a full week!

No comments: