Tuesday, July 19, 2005

5km Track

Did track tonight. I think I did about 5 x 500m - took it easy because of my foot (which felt fine, but I figure it pays to be cautious!) my times were 2:22, 2:21, 2:35, 2:45, 2:35. Not too bad, though I certainly felt it. Much prefer 500m's to 800m. Felt good to be back at track, although I definitely felt it (ah, how I missed that familiar sort of I-might-throw-up sensation! NOT! LOL!)

Some good and bad news this week - I've scored a bit of teaching work which is very good. However, the tutorial times include (wait for it) Wednesday Nights. Which is long run night. Waaaa. I can't swap with another tutor, can't not do it, so looks like I shall be having to find alternative long runs for the next 12 weeks. Might be able to do one or two (Ekka holiday is a wednesday I think, don't know if there'll be a group run if it's a public holiday?)

Seems like there's no way around it unfortunately, so I think I may just have to deal with my own saturday morning reluctance and get my butt out of bed and down to the Running Buddies after all! *grins* I don't think I can make myself run more than about 10km on my own and I'm determined not to slip backwards - worked too hard to get here!

Anyway, will run tomorrow night and let Tracey and Sam know if they haven't read this entry first! Still going to be doing Noosa Half and everything, just means I'll have to rework my training times a bit.

2 comments:

Clairie said...

Woo Hoo can't wait for you to join us Hannah.

This Saturday 6:30am at the Regatta. Might as well start now so next week won't be too much of a shocker! hee hee

Just think of the breakfast afterwards - that usually gets me going :)

Cirque said...

Glad to hear you've scored the work Hannah! I hope you manage to fit everything else in around it OK.