Saturday, July 16, 2005

Foot - AGAIN!

Nooooo !!!!!

My measly, half hearted 5km at the gym last night seems to have aggravated my foot again, because this morning I woke up to beautiful blue skies and honey coloured sunshine, all set to go running at Mt.Cootha again, hopped eagerly out of bed - only to find I am limping again and my foot is really sore. Can hardly walk on it.

This also means that I probably won't be able to do the Rail Trail fun run tomorrow because although I could possibly grit my teeth and run on it, it'll only make it worse. So, I'm thinking the sensible thing to do would be to rest it for a good few days, until perhaps tuesday track session at least. I'm so frustrated :(

If this is what happens every time I try and increase my mileage, I might have to stay on my 30km for a while, I think!

5 comments:

Cirque said...

I'm SO sorry to hear that Hannah. How frustrating for you.

CJ said...

Isn't it so frustrating! And doing the sensible thing gets so boring after a while but you are doing the right thing. Seems there are a few CRs with injuries at the moment.

Ewen said...

Hannah, I love that photo on the beach with the sun in it! Distance run in training is important for the sub-2 mission as is speedwork. Build the distance first without the speedwork (or, at least, run 'controlled' and with something in reserve in speedwork). With the dickie foot, be conservative and wait until the pain has subsided. Good luck.

Jen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your foot problem Hannah. I certainly understand your frustraton. Take it easy for a few days and then ease back into it. Now if I would only listen to my own advice, LOL! J

Unknown said...

That's too bad, Hannah! Ewen always gives the right advice; hope you follow it!