Wednesday, July 20, 2005

12km Run Group + a few resolutions!

Got up this morning feeling a bit sore from track last night - Just goes to show it's good for you! *L*

Ran 12km or so, but felt like more (again, probably from having done track) - Told Sam and Tracey the news re my teaching work, but hopefully I'll get to see a bit of them anyway, with Noosa coming up and the odd social run, track session and BRB!

Even better though - after the run, I won the bottle of red! Yay me :)

rest of week and next, now having had a bit of a shuffle, looking like:

Thurs - 5 - 10km, gentle effort
Fri - REST
Sat - BRB (10km? more? Depends how long I can keep up with them LOL!)
Sun - J2J (10km)

WEEKLY TOTAL: 47km? (erm... looking at that increased mileage, might scrap that 10km tomorrow and do 5km instead!)

Mon - Social Run (8km?)
Tues - track 5km
Weds - easy 5km
Thurs - PT (must arrange this)
Fri - REST
Sat - BRB (?km)
Sun - 15km at West End (sure I read there was a 21k happening? If there is, I'll do that!)

WEEKLY TOTAL: not sure yet - minimum 43km?)

So, looks like I'm finally increasing my mileage, doesnt it ;) I just noticed that there's a 25km on at the West End on September 4th - I think that once Noosa is done, I'll make that my next goal! I'm sort of feeling a bit zen about my running at the moment... On some level, I feel that if I listen to my body, allow myself to slowly increase distances with the aim to just finish them, then eventually, the times will follow. I know this stuff doesnt happen over night, so I'm trying to look at it as a plan unfolding over the next few years.

Before the end of the year, I want to be able to run 35km, even if it takes me hours :)

4 comments:

CJ said...

Like you, I'm feeling a bit zen about my running this year, after spending most of last year on the sidelines thanks to injury. I'm really just trying to enjoy running and not worry too much about times and places, etc. BTW, I have 2 Nike pink tops - one a short sleeved top that has on the front "This chick can fly" (very cute) and the long sleeved one I bought the other day. I'm sick of wearing boring dark colours so thank goodness there's also CR gear!

miners said...

That's a good strategy Hannah - liten to yourself and don't push too hard. Rest assured that you're already putting in a *very* impressive amount of weekly kms, so if your body tells you to take it easy one week, you won't lose much fitness.

Good goal setting too :)

Unknown said...

Yay for you, Hannah! Weekly total is excellent... a little extra each time & it's amazing how soon & injury free you'll be running that 35km, so go easy & just keep going!

Robert Song said...

A very sound strategy. It is one I follow my self. Rest assured the times will come using this method.