Thursday, May 26, 2005

5km on the Bikeway

Thanks for the support you lovely bloggers Tesso and Miners :) I'm still terrified about pacing but I shall do my best :)

Did 5km on the road tonight, with a few walks because I'm feeling a bit tired after last nights effort. Add to which, my knees are feeling a bit sore - nothing serious; I think it's just from the continuous pounding of feet on road. Might have a non running day tomorrow and give them a rest.

I did however, find where the south brisbane suburbs running community has been hiding - I finally got round to running the start of the bikeway from my suburb, which leads to the city and there were *loads* of runners out. It was getting dark, so I only did a small section of it. That said, it's now my new ambition and purpose in life to run from my house to the city along the entire bikeway. I've got a map of it but there's no scale on it - will have to go through the UBD and do a guestimate. I think it's doable though. Maybe after I get this half out of the way.

Right, shall see some of you on sunday at the West End no doubt!

1 comment:

Wobbly man said...

Good luck on Sunday Hannah - will be sending some high energy thoughts your way!