Tuesday, May 10, 2005

5km, Sauna, Steam and sore shoulder

So I went and rejoined the gym this morning, went tonight for the first time and it was bloody lovely! I realised how basic my last gym was - this one has an aromatherapy chill out room heated to 35 degrees with relaxing music and amber lights, a sauna, solarium, steam room and a 'monsoon' shower thing which spits massaging jets of water all over your body, either hot or very-very-cold... and, it's got an ice machine for sore muscles too. Also has stretch cages (new one on me!) and a spin studio lit entirely by UV lights. They've got salsa funk dancing, yoga and pilates. Already thinking rejoining was a fantastic idea - feeling very, very relaxed...

Tomorrow I've got some strange sort of 'cellular analysis' thing where they measure fat, hydration etc etc... part of the joining package so that's all good. Did I mention they also have a free DVD rental service and a juice bar? *L*

I did run 5km on the tready while I was there tonight, inbetween playing with all the tv channels, music and the aromatherapy room. Can't believe the difference between treadmills - must be something to do with the calibration or something, because I set the incline to 1% and 6:00 pace as usual and it was really really hard... also realised I have a knot the size of a tennis ball under my left shoulder blade which has been cramping up to a scary degree while I run. Must get it fixed - feels just like a stitch!

All set to start cross training like a banshee now :) No excuses! Long run tomorrow. Aiming at 1:45 or at least 17km (whichever comes first!)

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Sounds like a great gym you've got there!!

Good luck for the 17km, I'm sure you'll have it in the bag!