Friday, June 02, 2006

New Shoes, New Skins and Busy stuff!

Whoah. Firstly, I must apologise for being slack and not reading blogs for a few days. It's assessment time at work at the moment and consequently, everything has gone nuts. What have I been doing this week?

Monday: 5km Recovery run + swim
I have decided that treadmills now bore me absolutely rigid. No wonder I never got past running 3km when I first started running - I struggled to do it on monday because it drove me so crazy not to be going anywhere!

Tuesday: Track session
Enjoyed this one - did wind sprints (tempo type runs) instead of normal sets.

Wednesday: Group run - 12km?
Bit of an easy run for a mini taper before this weekend's half.

Thursday: PT session
What else can I say but owwwwwwwww

I forgot to mention that as a result of sundays long run, I managed to reopen the blister I got at glasshouse and have spent most of this week whinging about how much it hurt. It's more or less healed again now, but I'm going to have to tape it on sunday!

Oh, and I had some running related retail therapy this week too:

I have new shoes! (same old Aasics 2110s but they work for me - and they're the new colours - turquoise and light blue)

and, even better -

I finally have full length skins! They're blue and silver. I caved in and decided being as how I'm running so long these days, I could probably put them to good use!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck on Sunday Hannah!

Robert Song said...

Good Luck with the sub 2 hours.

vat_man said...

Good tip for blisters - I use the Scholls blister thingies (they come in a little yellow case - check your chemist) over the blister, and then some Fixomull stretch over that. Blister is well protected, and the Fixomull keeps it all in place.

Cirque said...

You definitely deserve those skins Hannah. About time!

I'm looking forward to watching you break that sub 2 tomorrow!

Tesso said...

Welcome to Skins City Hannah! Trust me, they are well worth the money. Not only are they good for the muscles and recovery, but they keep the leggies warm in winter.

See ya out there in the morn.