Tuesday, June 27, 2006

almost there!

I couldn't believe it but I pulled up slightly sore from the 5km on sunday! It's amazing how totally paranoid I've become about every single tiny twinge, ache, pain or sniffle in the last three weeks *L*

Last night I went to the social run out at Sandgate which was nice. The run felt slightly easier - according to Angie's Garmin we did 7.5kms at 6:30 pace, but I'm still having to work harder than normal for it. It seems weird that I ran the entire queensland half a few weeks back at 5:30 pace and it felt sustainable! Meh!

Tonight is an easy track session, wednesday is an easy run, thursday is a stretch session with Tony - et voila, I'm there. I had a brief panic yesterday when I couldn't find my iPod - it's so small it's quite easy to misplace...but all is now well.

Five sleeps to go...

8 comments:

Chelle said...

heee heee, dont panic Hannah, still 5 sleeps to go, keep up with Phils advice and being sensible and you'll be toeing that start line on Sunday feeling fit and ready for it :)

TA and the Gnome said...

Hannah, you sound very normal at the moment- panicked and excited. Enjoy the rest of this week and all the best for Sunday - we'll be thinking of you.

TA

Shane said...

Just take it easy Hannah, all the hard work has been done just enjoy the next few days and relax.

Enjoy Sunday Im very jealous, cant wait to read about it

Clairie said...

sorry I don't get it - you pulled up sore from Sunday but then have been running consistently since then???? What are you worried about??

Hope you are planning on a restful rest of the week with at least one rest day. hee heee *grins*

Tesso said...

The paranoia (sp?) is normal.

Have you got your playlist sorted? Gonna let us all know what it is?

Lulu said...

It soooo exciting. Sorry I won't be there to witness your triumph but it sounds like you'll have lots of people cheering you on.

Cirque said...

Hannah - what part of 'sickness' do you not get? :)
You'll be fine, sweetie - and the twinge/niggle paranoia is normal. There will be a pom pom out there on Sunday with your name on it!

Toasty said...

no need to worry ... a poor dress rehearsal means a good performance