Tuesday, June 20, 2006

still sick... (broken record, aren't I?)

Well, the good news is that I don't have bronchitis... yesterday I felt so awful that I caved in and went back to the doctor. What I do have is either a nasty throat infection or a particularly nasty virus. Personally, I think it's the former since I have the most bizarre constant feeling of someone squeezing my throat (pressure? swelling?) and am coughing up nasty, nasty never-before-seen stuff. My voice is still mostly MIA, too.

But enough about that, TMI, I know!

Either way, I'm on another course of antibiotics which (thanks to a double dose - shh!) seem to be starting to have an affect. I almost contemplated dragging my butt to track tonight, but have decided not to tempt fate any more than I already have. Instead, I'm going to try and do ALL of my marking at work so I can stop stressing about it. If I feel better tomorrow, I may run, but not holding out much hope. What I'd really like is three days off work completely in which to sleep hugely, but alas, that isn't going to happen any time soon. Having three different jobs, two of which are casual, negates the desire for unpaid sick leave. *sighs*

Not much I can do but wait this out I guess.... at least it happened this week, not next week... though it's all rather too close for my liking. Am being philosophical currently :)

Fingers crossed

6 comments:

miners said...

hate it when a lurgie makes you taper. Hope you'll be non-contagious for my hug in a week or so's time :)

Chelle said...

Nothing wrong with a double-dose. They actually suggest you do, do that for the first couple of days to boost the amount in your system... trouble is, they can't officially tell you that as there is the minority who can't handle it, get sicker and then there's trouble! Luckily seems you're not one of those though "_

Tesso said...

I'm sooooo happy you didn't go to track tonight Hannah. The rest will do you way more good. Besides, the weather is absolute crap.

Three years ago I managed to get in one lousy 6k run in the week before a marathon. That was it. And I went out and did a 6 minute PB. So there's a lot to be said for an enforced taper.

Cirque said...

Don't you DARE do anything but rest and look after yourself Hannah! This is Mom Cirque speaking.

You don't want to jeapordise a hug from Miners do you?

Toasty said...

no need to worry ... we'll wait with you ... it will be ok

CJ said...

Look after yourself Hannah and don't run until you feel better. At this stage it could put you back and your recovery will take longer. So take care and take it easy.