Saturday, June 24, 2006

5km TT 26:53

Did the 5km TT this morning at Shorncliffe. Everyone took off like steam trains and I shuffled along behind. I wasn't last however - it always amazes me when there are amazingly skinny athletic people slower than me. But then, maybe they were injured. Or, maybe they'd been sick too! Who knows! Anyway, just goes to show once more that you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Felt pretty crap during the time trial. I miss my cruisy 30something km lollops. It's surprised me actually. I thought I'd be dying for a good taper (as opposed to dying during it LOL!) but I really started to get into the long, long runs. Which is good really, since if I plan to do the 50km in September, I shall no doubt be continuing with them (post GC recovery of course!)

Mostly today I just felt verrrrrrry tired. My breathing was okay, though still have gunk in my chest. Afterwards I felt like throwing up. Never a good thing but I suspect it's from doing not much for a while. Crossed the line in 26:53 which is not as bad as I was expecting, to be honest. I thought I'd be a few minutes slower than that. I'm looking forward to the next few months of getting into good shape and attacking all my times at the various races around the place. So even if the GC goes badly, it's not the be all and end all (says H, convincing herself)

Phil tells me I have to drink two cups of endura every day til next weekend and tomorrow at the West End, I've been told to run the 5km slowly. Waaa. Monday I can do the social run as well.

Was good to catch up with everyone this morning - and even bumped into the lovely fellow CR blogger Chelle, who was out on a run and stopped to chat. I hope the weather is the same for next weekend. Slightly cold and overcast suits me perfectly!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

I realised after I'd toodled off from speaking to you guys I'd forgotten to actually ask how you went.. sorry!

You definitely cant judge someone on how they look to how fast they are, there are plenty of very athletic looking people who arent quick and equally the other way around. This is why I always stick with competing against the same person each time... me!

Next weekend is going to be great - see ya there :)