Thursday, June 29, 2006

FREAK OUT!

Last night I had dinner with my mother, who is a nurse. Everyone she works with at the moment has been catching a really highly contagious stomach bug. Tonight she had it in full force, poor thing. She felt awful about catching it and being around me so close to the marathon and everything, even though no one can help these things. I felt awful for telling her so then walking out and freaking out over it!

Of course, I'm absolutely paranoid I'm going to catch it before sunday. I have been disinfecting everything she's come into contact with and washing my hands frequently and all I can do is cross my fingers and think good thoughts.

I absolutely, steadfastly REFUSE to get sick. Again. After sunday, I don't care if I catch bubonic bloody plague. It didn't really strike me until this happened, just how devastated I would be if I couldnt run on the weekend. I almost cried just thinking about it, sook that I am!

Anyway, all of this is entirely irrelevant because as I said, I REFUSE to get sick. Dammit!

3 comments:

owen said...

I'm sending you all the healthy vibes I can... YOU WILL BE FINE! see you Sunday!

Cirque said...

You won't catch it! Surely growing up in a nurse's household must have given you some immunity to those sorts of things??

Robert Song said...

Good luck for Sunday. I know you will do well.

But whatever may happen, I'm even more sure that next year and the years after a going to be even better for you.