Friday, June 23, 2006

Feeling better! yay!

HURRAH!



I finally feel better! Antibiotics rock and aside from being uber tired from coughing all night still, I feel so much more human. As someone who rarely, rarely gets ill, I can't believe I've been sick for almost three weeks all up.

But anyway. There is now a light at the end of the tunnel and without wishing to tempt fate, I'm starting to think I shall be fine come next weekend!

On wednesday I went to the Run Inn thinking I might run, but by the time I got there, I felt awful still. Phil took one look at me, told me not to be stupid then gave me a much needed lecture on how he's flogged my butt over the last six months, all the hard work is done and how I'll be fine ;) Definitely needed to hear it!

Instead of running, I stayed around and chatted with everyone before they ran. Got to love the atmosphere close to big events... everyone is so pumped! I'll probably (gingerly) run the 5km time trial tomorrow and see how I go. No big efforts, but just enough to see if I can move more than ten feet at speed without coughing my lungs up.

On thursday, I ventured to Personal Training for a repeat lecture from Tony. I really think Phil and Tony should meet one day - they'd get on famously ;) *grins* Again, the lecture helped reinforce in me that I haven't wrecked six months of hard work and it will be okay. Did a reasonable weights session, although felt really tired and very nauseous afterwards. Hopefully that's a thing of the past from now on!

I have been reading running magazines today and making a conscious attempt at getting myself all enthusiastic and in a positive frame of mind. Thus far it's working!

Thankyou all for your lovely comments... they mean so much to me :) I finish my antibiotics tomorrow - cross your fingers for me!

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Consider the fingers crossed Hannah ... maaks it hrrrad to tppye buttt.

Toasty said...

how cool is it to know your body has been working out just to battle the flu/cold and now you are getting the benefit ... think of it as cross training .... GC PB here you go!

miners said...

great to hear you're finally getting better Hannah - no more silly business before next weekend now

Clairie said...

Best news I have heard all day.

Looking forward to seeing you there at the start line Hannah.

Until then, take care :)