Friday, June 09, 2006

I caved in today and went to the doctors to get some antibiotics. I'm still sick and it's now settled right into my chest, making my asthma heaps worse. I tried to do Personal Training yesterday and came over all dizzy when doing step ups!

Phil told me no running until sunday and only then if I'm better. I've also got a new inhaler, which should hopefully sort me out. I have to admit I feel like absolute crap though! Trying not to stress out over it - there's nothing I can do about it but try and get better - but am wondering if taking an entire week and a bit off training is going to have an effect on the GC...

5 comments:

Clairie said...

Absolutely it will have an effect on your GC running ability.......

....it will make you well rested and able to run like the wind.

Take it as an omen. An enforced rest etc. We have all had to have them and it is only with hindsight that we appreciate them. At the moment you are likely just grumpy from being sick and not being able to run. Look on the brightside and enjoy the rest because when you are better there is lots of speed work to sharpen up with required!!!

Big hugs and mugs of chicken soup.

Cirque said...

Yep - Clairie beat me to it!
Having a good rest and getting yourself fully healed will have a fantastic effect on your fitness.

Your ability to run this marathon is based on months and months of good, hard training - not this one week!

Tesso said...

I second ... or is that third ... what the other girls said.

Take it easy mate and don't get back on the road too soon just because you are feeling guilty for missing sessions. Listen to Uncle Phil, he is very wise :-)

TA and the Gnome said...

Hannah, I hardly ran for the last 5 weeks before Canberra, and I still did better than I expected. Your endurance is long lasting - it won't be affected by a week off. Enjoy the rest. You need it :-)

Gnome

Jen said...

What they ^ said.

Look after yourself girl as I'm looking forward to cheering you on at GCM :-)