Thursday, June 15, 2006

7km track + 16km hills + PT = tired!

Hmmmnnn..

I was sooo unbelievably sore on monday from the 32km of killer hills that I almost couldn’t walk! For those of you who are curious to know where we went, I’m going to try and get a copy of the route from Angie, who was wearing a NavMan Garminesque thingo and shall post it here. I went to the gym and tried to do my 5km slow recovery run and after about 30 seconds on the treadmill decided it was a bad idea. Instead I stretched and came home. I’m a little bit paranoid about breaking myself before the big one! LOL!

Track session on tuesday. Less sore, but still hurting. One of the gals was wearing a garmin and interestingly, it showed that we run a lot further at track than I thought – I thought we were doing possibly 4 or 5km but tonight we did almost 7km and that was an easy session. The session I missed last week was closer to 10km.

The interest in blogging continues to mount at the Run Inn and I am compiling a bit of a list of blogs to put in the newsletter – so you might all be getting emails from me asking if you mind! I have also finally managed to start using bloglines properly (had to chance browsers to get it working) and am loving it! Saves so much time seeing who has updated!

Wednesday (last night) was medium long run. 16km hills, hard!!! Still feeling the effects of sunday I think. Came home strong though, running with the lovely Sam. I think she wss doing it easy, but it was funky to be able to keep up with her for once!

This morning I did PT ...

Meh. Onwards and upwards! Back to your regular viewing!

6 comments:

Clairie said...

Brave brave girl.

You know 90% of a problem is admitting you have a problem. The remaining 10% is doing something about it.

I am very proud of your progress, both with your weight and as a runner. I want you to think of all your running pals the next time you feel like being crazy. Pop a vision of me in your head smiling at you and shaking my fist at you (hee hee). We all have our binges, I could not stop eating violet crumbles yesterday and ate them all until I felt very VERY sick. Not the sort of behavious a fit healthy runner should be doing but nontheless that was me. I have my moments too. However I hope that your crazy moments are fewer and further between and that your increased fitness from running is helping you through the triggers to overcome your feelings.

Rock on Hannah, we all love you and don't want a sad, angry with herself Hannah. I want that girl that grins back at me even when she is struggling through a 3hr long run with blisters and chafing!!!!!

*BIG HUGS*

Tesso said...

What Clairie said :-)

My idea of resisting temptation tonight was to only have one glass of red instead of two. Couldn't quite force myself into none. Then of course I rewarded myself with chocolate because I didn't eat bread with dinner.

And at least you got to the gym. I went to go to mine but stopped at Coles on the way, brought a few things and then walked back home again. Reading your blog now I feel guilty ... but I thank you for it. Now I'll get to the gym tomorrow for sure.

So you see its a battle for all of us to stay fit and healthy, but hey, we are winning it!

Jen said...

What Clairie said :-)

I'm so proud of you. It is so true - we all have our battles & our binges. We just don't blog about them. You have made incredible progress with your running & your battles & will continue to do so. Having had a problem at the opposite end of the spectrum (ie starving myself) I know that that little voice inside my head will always be with me - I'm just better at ignoring it now. You are a strong girl Hannah & you will continue to inspire all of us.

***BIG HUGS***

Chelle said...

What all three of those above me said...

and you're not being paranoid at all, you're being very sensible and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You are going to have a ball at the GC, not that it is anything less than you deserve.

PS: I found the new McVities carmel biccies in Coles on Saturday and they were all gone in a solo eating attempt by Sunday.. we all do it :)

R2B said...

You are still so far ahead that this doesn't matter in the scheme of things.
You rock on girl.
Dang you run a lot of Km too!

R2B

Tesso said...

PS I went to the gym next day ... well, I went to the shopping centre where the gym is and once again went to Coles and came home again.

Just read your post and you have inspired me and I AM GOING THERE NOW. Well, soon.