Saturday, September 03, 2005

Brisbane Drinking Club + 5km

Went to the gym yesterday and ran 5km on the tready. My hatred of the bloody things is growing exponentially with distance covered in the fresh air! I sweat about three times as much on a treadmill, too - I think because there's no airflow. Anyway, I 'did my time' felt great afterwards and went to meet my next client and all was well.

And then, I got a great phonecall. A few weeks ago, I submitted some of my artwork to a fairly queensland based art award - they selected my work to go through to the final round! Winning would be fabulous for many reasons (and being slightly mercenary, I'm also thinking it would enable me to pay off the majority of my credit card!) but even if I only get this far, to get to the final stages out of hundreds and hundreds of entrants is fantastic :) I won't know til October what the end result is and will keep you all posted, of course!

Last night was Brisbane Drinking Club night out - heaps of fun as usual. Lovely to catch up with so many CRs and meet new faces to familiar names! I can't wait to see all the photos Tess took - I made a suggestion that we need a 'CR uncut' section in the photo gallery *LOL* Much red wine and beer was consumed, except for me cos I don't drink often and I'd also taken a truck load of antihistamine (I get awful hayfever and it's back for the summer!) which doesn't mix well with alchohol. Also met quite a cute boy (who is not yet converted to the evils of CR) and hit on him, so we shall see if he calls me ;)

After drinks, we went and had pizza. Dinner conversation was fascinating and involved such topics as circumcision (Clairie!) The pizza was good though! It's been soooo long since I ate pizza. I love mozerella :) After pizza, we went to another pub for a few drinks. Tankgirl cartwheeled practically the whole way there *L* I don't know how she did it after pizza! Decided that not only do I want to work towards doing a marathon, but eventually (in a few years time I think!) I want to do one of those immensely long glasshouse runs. 100 miles? again with the whole bad influence thing LOL - I'm so easy to egg on!

By midnight, most of the CRs were piking out (early morning runs, yeah, yeah LOL!) and it was just Cieran, Tara, Me and Rob. We went for 'just one more drink' which turned into another and another *grins* We went to the Chill Bar - I'd never been before, but it's a fantastic little place that makes cocktails - the bar changes colour and the top of it has a strip of actual ice to put your drinks on so they stay cool. There's a members only room behind the bar which is chilled, where you can wear giant fur coats and drink vodka at the proper temperature. It's an insane amount of money to join of course, so we just pressed our noses against the window and had a look at everything. Funny what people will spend huge amounts of money on!

After that, we went to another pub (can't remember what the name of it was) and had one more before heading off. I got in at about 3am *L* So we kept the CR Brisbane End up to scratch I think! Beat that, Sydney! LOL. Tonight I'm going to watch the fireworks on the river with Sam and Tracey (club running mates) and then tomorrow is the big day! Argh! Sooo nervous!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Woohoo *cartwheel* - congratulations on being a finalist for the art award. That is sensational. My fingers are crossed for you.

Good luck tomorrow for the 25kms (and for the fitness test on Monday LOL!). Hannah, you have done all the hard work so just relax and enjoy tomorrow. I look forward to reading your race report.

J

PS See what happens when you hang out with CRs - you get talked into all sorts of crazy things!

PPS Keep us posted on the boy ;-)

Wobbly man said...

Great post Hannah - sounds like a Hoot of a night! You shouldn't tease those NSW CR's - you know how sensitive they are.

Good luck with your those long races you are contemplating! Personally I think anyone who runs that long needs a better therapist - but each to their own...

beanz said...

phew what a night!


have a great run tomorrow

Tamyka Bell said...

I'm sure those cartwheels were before the pizza. They must have been... I get motion sick!

Great night, thanks guys!