Saturday, September 17, 2005

Finally made it to Brisbane Running Buddies this morning - it's only taken me about three months to finally get there! Today left from the Regatta, only none of the slow runners turned up (there was a party) and I found myself feeling very grateful that most of the people who were there, were either hung over or in recovery so weren't going at their usual full tilt! We did 10km and I think it was probably an ideal way to break myself in gently. Felt really good today - as the weeks go on, I may try to keep up with some of the slower quick people - it's the only way I'm going to get faster, no doubt!

I also got an email from my PT who has started running groups for their clients, prolly on a monday. Knowing him, they'll be brutal. I get a free pass to the first one because I did bootcamp, so I think I'll go along to them regularly if they suit my level of (in)ability *L* Hopefully I'll start being able to make it to wednesday nights again since the semester is almost over (the tutes shorten to an hour and so I'll finish bang on six - will attempt to bolt to the club in record time! may resort to wearing running gear under work clothes!)

So, all things being equal I'll soon have three runs a week with other people sorted out. I've pretty much decided not to do the Toowoomba marathon - I'm going to carry on doing what I'm doing for a bit, work on my speed and carry on increasing my distances gradually. No use building a house on dodgy foundations and I'd hate to blow all the hard work it's taken to get me here :) So, I'm going to shoot for Canberra, I think. Which is really not that far away anyway.

Oh, and thankyou all so much for your advice on Toowoomba (and dodgy hat congratulations too!) - It's so nice to have all this support and the benefit of your experience *hugs* What would we do without our blogs? *grins*

River Run 10k tomorrow, Bootcamp assault course, monday. Sub Six *rah-rah-rah!*

2 comments:

Cirque said...

Hey Hannah.
I think you've made the right decision about the Toowoomba marathon. I didn't put my two cents worth in before (because it's probably not even worth two cents), but when you do your first marathon I would love you to have all the fun and support that I've seen people experiencing at places like the GCM. Even though I have no doubt that you could do it, Toowoomba sounded awfully lonely!

TA and the Gnome said...

Hannah, Canberra's only 29 weeks away (but who's counting...:-)

sfG

p.s. have a look in the CR blogging thread for some ways to block spam comments like the one above (not Cirque's, of course :-)