Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Bootcamp and 5km

Leg felt better this morning (thanks to anti-inflammatories!) and bootcamp went well - did the assault course in 6:56. Previously, my best recorded time (in september last year, before I started running) was 7:41 (and that was after three weeks of working on it!) my goal is to do it in under 6 minutes by the end of the course :)

After that, we did a strength circuit (push ups, chin ups, squats, hovers and the like). Then we all stretched. I felt so pumped after it that I did an extra 5km run after it, too. I bumped into another of the trainers on the run too, so if they dob me into the bootcamp trainers I suspect my bootcamp is about to get a whole lot harder ;) The biggest thing I notice about coming back to it is how much more quickly I recover... better stamina and endurance no doubt. I also felt really good on the run afterwards. I think it's the benefits of increasing my distances starting to show itself.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and do a long run in the morning. I've found where they've been hiding the showers at uni, so I can probably park there and run around the area. It's something I've been meaning to do for ages. Either that, or I'll run at southbank and then drive over. Might bump into some Pat Carrollers, you never know!

All in all, feeling good!

No comments: