Wednesday, September 14, 2005

6:15 assault course

I did the assault course this morning in 6:15... so close to sub-six minutes, it's killing me! LOL! On the positive side of things, I felt like I went much slower today because I had PT on monday night and my muscles are still really fatigued from the weights.... I felt like I worked wayyy harder on mondays effort yet I still managed to go faster, WOOHOO!

One of the guys measured the course on his garmin on the weekend, and says all up, the distance of it is 1.1km, so bearing in mind that it contains (in order): 10 push ups, 20 step ups, 5 push ups (again) 5 chin ups, a small obstacle to clamber over, ten sit ups, a short balance beam, 5 second hold chin up, 5 ab crunches followed by a flat out sprint, then ten chin ups and a short dash to the line I'd love to know how quickly I can run a normal km! *grins* I so have to go back to speedwork after this too - use it or lose it, no doubt ;)

After the assault course, we did another little obstacle course comprised of running up and down hills with a backpack or truck tire on a rope, more push ups, burpees (god, I hate those more than life itself - whoever invented that exercise needs shooting!) etc etc etc. I can't believe how much the fast, intense stuff kills me... I guess that while all this long slow running has been great for getting my distances and endurance up, speed work is speed work and requires greater amounts of pain. I'm hanging out for the continuous run which I think I may be doing on friday. I'm hoping it's my chance to get my own back on those fast bloody men ;) Won't be that far - there's only an hour or so to use on the run as it is. Overall, I'm starting to think I'm destined to prefer longer runs - they seem much more civilised somehow!

Tomorrow, I'm going to attempt to squish in a run in the morning, then I've got my graduation ceremony for my MA. I actually finished months ago but it takes ages to process. I may post pictures of me in dodgy hat. We'll see ;) Friday is bootcamp again, Saturday BRB (locked in, baby!) and Sunday is the 10km River Run which is on at the same time as the West End Run :( Waaaa. Maybe there's time to do both - will check the times.

Next week I think I may be able to go back to wednesday night runs. Depends on work I guess! Oh, and because enquiring minds want to know *grins* the boy did call me so we'll see how things go ;)

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Hannah, Boot Camp sounds evil. I can't believe you actually pay money to be put through that - they should be paying you!

CJ said...

Hope the graduation ceremony went well - congratulations. Would love to see a photo of you in your dodgy hat!

As for Boot Camp...phew!

Wobbly man said...

You paid to do boot camp? With your determination you will breeze in Canberra or Gold Coast!