Sunday, September 25, 2005

B-R-Bloodyhellhowfastdoyourun!

Yesterday I went to the Brisbane Running Buddies (BRB) and did about 10km. The mornings are definitely geting warmer, that's for sure! My legs felt like concrete after friday's effort and I found myself walking a fair bit. They're all soooooo fast!

Clairie ran with me for a bit which was really nice of her. I hate holding people up. The run did make me reassess my 'three weeks of pain' theory - I think it's going to be more like three months of pain. Oh well! Feeling a bit more positive about my running now, so I'll just keep on keeping on at what I'm doing. Looking forward to this coming week:

M - PT running group (mixture of speedwork/long runs I'm told)
T - PT session
W - Run Group 10km?
T -
F -
S - BRB 10km? (depending on how long I can keep up!)
S - West End BRRC 10km

Still have to work out how to intersperse that with weights/gym sessions, but I'll work those out as I go along.

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Hannah, yesterday the gang were in a hurry for some reason. Those setting the pace aren't used to doing really long runs and need to learn how to slow down a little. Anyway, you certainly hung in there for the first half.

Oh, and I don't know about three weeks or three months of pain. I'm not sure the pain ever stops :-)

Tamyka Bell said...

I used to find that weights worked well with short speedwork, but the following day I would need rest or a very easy run.

I used to do strength/power weights in the morning with 1km reps in the afternoon, which sounds like it should be really hard, but it wasn't... whereas if I left the 1km reps until a day later, I couldn't do them at all.

Then I changed my timetable and started doing a 2min on/2min off surge session for about 40min on my way to the weights gym (and caught the ferry home afterwards).

Aki said...

Tesso's words are encouraging, lol. I love the hair, according to Mr Flashduck's theory, trimming it will save you about .29 of a second. :)

You look great in that photo!