Friday, April 29, 2005

Mt Cootha, come in please...

This morning I got up at 4.30am and went to do a Personal Training session. I usually train on a thursday, but because I had planned to go to the new track group instead, I rearranged things. I didn't actually make it to the new track group, mostly because I just didnt have time, but next week perhaps.

Despite Schultzy telling me I'd probably fit in better on a thursday night, Phil (shop owner and font of running knowledge) reckons I should keep on keeping on with the uber fast crowd because he thinks I'll get more out of the sessions. Hmmmnnn. He thinks I've got a bit more improvement in times to come before I hit the inevitable first plateau (which is nice, because it's a bit of a compliment) but now I feel a bit torn *L*

I feel a little bad for the quick people on a tuesday, in that normally there's a time handicap where I'm first out and last back, which means they all have to stand around while I arrive and then recover enough to take off again. Next thursday, I'll probably try the other track session and make my own mind up.

Personal Training was brutal... I find it a lot harder early in the moming - my abs seem to have gotten weaker, so I've now got some 'homework' to be doing (yuck!) I think I'll be paying for the work we did, tomorrow. Tony, my PT was paying out on me big time because I'm not doing Mooloolaba, but unfortunately, there's no way around that so I just copped it *grins* They're organising an 'extreme bootcamp' which will involve running up Mt Cootha (I'm starting to think Me and Mt Cootha must have some unfinished business - everyone keeps telling me about running up it, down it, around it in one way or another! LOL! Apparently, we have to 'qualify' for this bootcamp because it's going to be so difficult, so that should prove fun. He was telling that they tested the track out last weekend and some of the Trainers ended up throwing up... the scary thing was that while he was telling me that, I was thinking, 'Yeah! I can do that! Bring it ON!' *snorks* Why I should relish the thought of running up the side of a bloody mountain til I throw up, I don't know, but I do like a good challenge!

I appear to have worn out my first pair of nike driweave bike pants (the elastic is loose and they slide down) they're so expensive and now I only have one decent pair left... I'm going to have to buy some more, but surely there's a cheaper brand in the same type of material... pointers anyone? I'd buy loose shorts, but they'd ride up on my saggy wobbly inner thighs...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hannah, I think that all really good pants seem to be a bit on the expensive side; I like the thigh length "Bodylink" ones great & have ordered 2 pairs on line & like them very much; they're also available at sports stroes; have seen them at Rebel in the city.

Enjoy Mt. Cootha when it happens!