Saturday, April 23, 2005

Affirmations!

I've been a slack little runner this week - ran wednesday, will run tomorrow. Contemplating running today to make up my weekly mileage but not very inclined! I had PT on thursday, he didn't thrash me to the same extent as the last few weeks, but my legs are still a bit tender. Tomorrow I'm going to try and do the 8km in under 48mins: less-than-6km pace... I'm going to write the times on my arm and wear my watch and try and keep to the schedule... should be interesting, particularly if it's packed.

Next week I'm going to spring back into action with renewed fervour and run mon, tues, weds, fri... will be up the coast with friends on saturday night, so may not make the west end on the sunday. Still havent made a decision re track... will no doubt chat to those more knowledgable CR's I'll see tonight/tomorrow. I'm also determined to optimise my diet for running and I also think I've been scared back into stretching religiously (I've become a bit slack about it lately) by Clairies recent exploits!

Think I will go for a run now....

1 comment:

Aki said...

Track is scary. If you feel it's not right for you then don't do it. Bush running is a heck of a lot of fun, especially the type where you get lost. Maybe try that instead.