Wednesday, April 20, 2005

1:20 Long Run

Decided not to do track last night... have been stressing alot about a few things in the last few weeks and yesterday it sort of got the better of me. Logically, I know that's the perfect time to be out running (endorphins and all) but sometimes, you just have to cave in and mope. Which is what I did and I feel better today, so nah!

Tonight I went to Running Group. They are truly a lovely bunch of people... really supportive. I'm now starting to get to know people even better and it's lovely running together and having all the friendly banter that goes with it. We did 1:20 running time tonight - would've liked to have gone another ten minutes (and felt like I could) but we're supposed to try and be back by 8pm so the shop can close. Next week we're going to meet early and do a gentle ten minutes warm up before the main run just so we can start increasing times for the GC half.

It's amazing how much better I can run without track on the tuesday night... my legs are heaps stronger. Am sorely tempted not to do track, but I know it's making me quicker in the long run. Bit of a dilemma - as they say, no pain no gain!

Talked to a girl tonight who does the Mt Cootha runs on a friday morning... dunno if I'm up to par with them just yet, but sounds like it's a nice run. Might go and test out their route first or something. I've met a few people doing that recently, so maybe I should give it a whirl.

Tomorrow is PT... I'm going to ask him to go easy on my legs so I'm not completely crippled for sunday. Looking forward to that! Particularly getting my bling bling. Never had a medal for anything :D *L*

3 comments:

Robert Song said...

Don't believe the "no pain no gain " thing myself.

Also in my marathon and half marathon racing days, I never once did a speed session on the track.

Listen to your body and not the dogma.

Yes isn't it great when you start to love going for a long run.

Clairie said...

Hi Hannah. Remind me to talk to you about the no pain no gain thing and speedwork...they dont have to go hand in hand.

See you tomorrow night for dinner - opps I meant drinks :)

Unknown said...

Hannah, do the things that you really enjoy; if you don't enjoy track, forget it! Have a great holiday weekend & enjoy dinner with Clairie & Co....oops, drinks!