Monday, April 04, 2005

A Real Pain in the....

Well, I got back from camping slightly calmer and a lot more bloated... the urge to eat badly the last week or so seems to have been largely connected to my hormones and will hopefully now resolve itself for another month!

This morning I woke up at 5am as per my alarm, but kept hitting snooze (!) so finally managed to get myself out of bed at 7am and out the door for a run before my work meeting at 9am. I felt okay when I got up, got about 3km in and then suddenly found myself with the worst stomach pain I've had since my appendix went. Possibly worse than that. Luckily I happened to be right next to a garage at the time, so I bolted in there, grabbed their toilet key and spent the next half an hour sitting in a nasty non-running sweat, feeling like both ends were about to abandon ship at any moment. (Too much information, I know - but hey, it's my blog! *L*)

After a while, the pain subsided a little and I managed to get myself together enough to walk home - but it was so bad I almost walked straight into the doctors (which was next door to the garage - handy that) but had a sneaky suspicion it was just period pain of vast magnitude and didn't want to look like a complete wuss when it passed.

Seemingly, I was right because when I got home, got in the shower and then sat down for a bit, it got better and although I'm still left with the usual, the bigger pain is gone. I wonder if I might have twisted or jarred something internal which fixed itself. It was a bit of a crap day all in all really, as on my way to the meeting, half way down the freeway, I also got the start of a bloody migraine and I couldnt see out of my right eye for an hour (vision went all sparkly - I wonder why that happens?)

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that aside from all my moaning, I'm going to run tomorrow and see what happens (going to take some ibuprofen first though!) hopefully it was just a one off.

Goal for the week is the UQ 5km on Friday.

2 comments:

Aki said...

oof! Sounds nasty. I don't think running triggers bad pain, I've found the opposite, but we'll see.

Unknown said...

Have you been using Splenda, or has anything you've consumed lately contained sucralose?

mjyannone@aol.com